Pastor of Youth & Young Families
Edson Baptist Church - 4717 9th Ave., Edson, AB T7E 1E2
As a Leadership Board and congregation we are praying for a Full-time Pastor of Youth
and Young Families.
The individual we are praying for will work within our vision, mission and values providing
leadership and Spiritual oversight to our students in grade 6 – 12. This role includes
discipling, praying for and equipping our young families.
We are confident that God has a plan for leadership development, discipleship and
programming with our Junior and Senior High School programs.
With accountability to our Senior Pastor, the Pastor of Youth and Families will be
experienced and able to demonstrate a love and passion for:
• Youth and Young Families
• The spiritual gift of leadership, administration, faith and evangelism
• God’s word and prayer
• Self-motivation working effectively with the Ministry team
• Walking with God attracting others while demonstrating the Fruit of the Spirit
• Loving God’s people and empathetic to those in our church and community while
praying for those who do not know Christ.
• The unique challenges faced by students and young families
• Facilitating spiritual growth in students and discipling young families.
• Being a mentor and being mentored
The Youth and Young Families Pastor that we are praying for will:
• Be Born Again and aligned with our Statement of Faith and Church Constitution
• Have 3 years of relevant youth experience with preference for post-secondary
education in Biblical/theological/ministry studies
• Be God’s man for our church. Being married (with a healthy relationship is a
significant advantage) but not essential
The role is primarily devoted to:
• 80% Youth Group Ministry.
• 20% young families with an emphasis on fellowship, discipleship and building
relationships equipping young families in their marriages as they raise their
• Provide overall direction and coordination of the youth ministry.
• Developing short and long term plans for ministry growth and evangelism
• Teaching and coordination for all youth classes.
• Be skilled in interacting with our youth through social media.
• Disciple young people in their faith and to fulfill the Great Commission both within
the church and our community through weekly youth events, Sunday School
and through special events.
• Provide opportunities for youth to have exposure to and experience ministry or
mission both within and outside of our church settings
• Organize, recruit, train, motivate, and oversee young volunteer leaders through
regular team meetings and specialized training.
• Carry out other assignments as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Candidate Instructions and Information
Thank you for your interest in the Pastor of Youth and Young Families position at Edson
Baptist Church. It is our privilege to be in prayer for you.
• Please submit a Cover letter, Resume, a personal Testimony of Faith and
Fellowship Ministry Profile which is available from Fellowship Prairies
• Please submit your application in full confidence to the Leadership at: