Position: Office Administrator/Church Secretary
Appointed by: The Church Board
Responsible to: The Senior Pastor
Salary: $33,000 to $35,000
Fellowship Baptist Church is seeking a full time Office Administrator/Secretary. As a representative of Christ and the church, you will present a professional image and execute all responsibilities with a high degree of confidentiality, courtesy, integrity, and grace. You will be responsible for providing support to the pastoral staff and ministry teams in the execution of their responsibilities. You will also effectively manage the administrative operations of the church including member support services, directing internal and external communications, scheduling and monitoring the use of the church facilities, and overseeing the custodial staff.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
Coordinate all office functions and provide administrative support to pastoral staff, elders, and ministry leaders as required. This will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Organization and maintenance of church calendar.
- Produce weekly church bulletin for Sunday.
- Produce the PowerPoint presentations for Sunday.
- Maintain web page and update events and sermons.
- Keep visitor records and provide relevant communication.
- Compile and maintain membership information and directory.
- Assemble and organize the musicians` books for worship.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Assist in the preparation of annual reports and statistical information by compiling basic data.
- Maintain statistics on attendance for Family Bible School, worship services and offerings.
- Answer the phone, redirect calls, and respond to requests for information as appropriate.
- Process all incoming mail and redirect or respond to routine correspondence.
- Maintain a filing system in the central office.
- Manage the prayer chain.
- Be point person for congregational needs.
- Monitor custodial contractors to ensure the facilities are clean, tidy, and properly maintained.
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and preparation of meetings and events.
- Perform errands that assist the daily office functions such as post office, bank, etc.
- Compile and maintain an office procedures & reference manual.
The successful candidate should have:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be following a Biblical lifestyle.
- Effective interpersonal skills – positive and friendly.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision and with attention to detail.
- Proven time management skills.
- Flexibility to work with different types of people with patience and good humour.
- Administrative capability.
- Proficiency in the use of computers with knowledge of, but not limited to:
Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Presentation), E-mail, HTML
- The ability to keep information confidential where necessary.